Monday, November 24, 2014

CHPP A Message from Jim Ballenger November 23, 2014





Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
chpp@patriot.net



A Message from Jim Ballenger

November 23, 2014

"Whatever He says to you, do it." (John 2:5)

Dear Friends,

Blessings to you and grace from our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Over the past year, we have been greatly encouraged by your messages, your prayers, and your gifts, but tonight we are facing a bit of a mystery, as the level of offerings to our ministry has decreased dramatically since the end of the summer.

Hoping that things would improve, I have waited until now to let you know of our need, but the time has come to speak up.
 
Please find below a message my husband sent out, exactly one year ago tonight -- still appropriate today. I thank you for listening to his appeal, and for reading other messages that will follow. And then . . . as it is written in John 2:5, "Whatever He says to you, do it."

Thank you again this year for planting seeds in this good soil as we partner together in prayer for our nation, and for Israel.

In His Grace,

Sara Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners



A Message from Jim Ballenger

A Message from Jim Ballenger


"Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation." (Habakkuk 3:17,18)


Dear Friends,

This is Jim Ballenger (Sara's husband), the Treasurer of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners.

It has been my blessing to be able to serve this ministry for the past twenty years in my own quiet way, and to get to know many of your names as I do so!

And, like many others who give their time and energy to this valuable work,
I, too, serve CHPP as a volunteer. Even so, CHPP has its own expenses, as do all other ministries.
 
Today, however, I do need to ask for your own prayerful attention to my words below.
Our ministry has always been sustained by the Grace of God and by the generous offerings of His saints. Thank you! And thank you, too, for the many times you have sent us words of encouragement and blessing as we continue to stand watch with you for our nation.

At this time, however, our funds are now dangerously low, and we simply must ask for your help if we are to continue into the New Year.

As we let our needs to be made known to the Body, we trust that our Lord will be faithful to move upon your hearts in response . . . Praise be to God! Ever since He called us to this ministry, He has never let us down!
 
As you all consider your own end-of-year offerings, may I ask you to remember Capitol Hill Prayer Partners in your giving? Capitol Hill Prayer Partners is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501 (c) 3 ministry. We depend entirely upon your offerings to sustain our work, so we do thank you for whatever you can do to help us out as you sow into this ministry.
 
Sara and I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas holiday season, filled with the knowledge of His love for each one of you.

In His Amazing Grace,

Jim Ballenger, CPA
Treasurer
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners


For your convenience you can donate by clicking this link should you choose to contribute today. You can also mail in a donation to Capitol Hill Prayer Partners at P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172. All giving that is postmarked on or before December 31st will be credited to the 2014 tax-giving year.



"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)


A Message from China!

A Message from China!


Sara,

And I will take this opportunity to say "We Love You." We are so blessed by the work you do. I have never met you. Someday I will. But till then, just know you are loved and very appreciated!

In Christ,

Paula in China


A Message from a New Subscriber

A Message from a New Subscriber


May I receive emails of "the Daily Brief" ? I so appreciated one sent to me today by my dear friend, Marilyn W. from Kentucky. The data revealed combined with scriptures and prayers is vital in our response to The Lord and our effectiveness through prayers. Having knowledge is important, but following through with prayer is the most important action of all. I will look forward to your response !

Thank you so very much.

Imogene F.
Holly Springs, Mississippi


A Message from a Special Friend

A Message from a Special Friend:

Ruth Cox Mizell


Dearest Sara,

This letter is to let you know that what you have done and are doing for the last 20 years and are doing diligently today is invaluable to our nation.

I will never forget the joy in my heart when I first heard of your ministry and met you personally twenty years ago. You probably wonder why I said that, "I feel like Anna in the Temple when she met Jesus." Then I explained that, for the past decade, I had been going to Congress, praying by myself, with very little information about what was really going on and how to pray.

Then I started reading your emails, and I had the information I needed to be able to "pray in the Spirit and with understanding" according to I Corinthians 14:15. Your Daily Briefs are so informative and they really help us to know how to pray. And because You pray the Word of God over the issues of the day, we know that that Word will not return to us void!
And finally, I was really thrilled to learn that there were five great prayer warriors praying at the Capitol over Congress five days per week, every day that Congress is in session. They had the facts on what needed prayer.
I am blessed to know that Capitol Hill Prayer Partners is allied with at least 20 other ministry teams as, together, you are praying for our nation and for Israel. And now, you have just shared with me this fact: although you do not publish your alerts on Facebook, nor advertise your presence in any magazines, by friends telling friends you are there, your Daily Brief now reaches an audience of almost 4,000 Prayer Partners: all saints of like mind in the faith. What a blessing this is!!

We love and appreciate you.

Ruth Mizell


In Closing . . .

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (I Timothy 2:1-4)